Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mystery Jewelry Jar - Part 2

So what did I do with the contents of the mystery jar of broken jewelry from my last post?



Project #1

There was a plain silver snake chain in the jar which just needed some cleaning up with a silver cloth. To this I attached a paper crane which I speared with a long silver jewelry pin.
 Close up!


 Project # 2

In my jewelry box I had a beautiful moonstone necklace which my Mum bought me in London. It was one long set of beads (which I don't really wear) so when it broke, I decided to give it a style revamp.


First I attached the broken end to a new place on the chain, leaving a bit of dangle.

 This sweet little horse also came out of the mystery jar, but was being overwhelmed by the large brown beads it was attached to. I freed it up and hooked it up to the end of my new look moonstone chain.


Beautiful, but so delicate! I think that it was originally made in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment