Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Further Adventures of Grandma's Button Box

Button Necklace/Three Strand Bracelet

Featuring: Grandma's Button Box.



While I'm not really into whites, creams and beige, I've been noticing the incredible beauty of mother-of-pearl style buttons and decided to make a necklace using these and some muted shades of gray and black. Of course, REAL mother of pearl would be lovely (see below) but as Grandma's button box didn't stretch to that, I had to settle for some completely acceptable imitations.



 They all had to be fairly small buttons as I only had a packet of medium sized jump rings.


After hooking the rings through the buttons, I added an extra link to make a chain effect and finished the necklace with a small lobster clasp.


 Close-up on Genevieve's elegant swan-like neck. She could model for a late night infomercial channel!


And if you're not a necklace kinda gal, you can always wear it as a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment