Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bob the Builder Gets Renovated

As my nearest and dearest know, making gift cards is one of my favourite forms of upcycling. The cardboard I use is generally cut up cereal or soap boxes and the decorations comes from my VAST collection of ephemera.

I was almost at the end of my stash of cards (made several years ago) and with Christmas looming on the horizon,  I was looking for a quick and easy way to stock up my supply.

Exhibit A: Box of 'Bob the Builder language flash cards found at an op-shop.


Originally used to teach language vocab.


 These are some of my favourites.


With the aid of some double-sided tape I covered the back with plain card and trimmed it.


 Result: a set of gift cards which only need holes punched in the corner and some ribbon attached.


The game box also got a make-over with the addition of a happy, munching cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment