Sunday, November 28, 2010

A bit of tweaking...

This is not my most dramatic or creative posts, but I am secretly proud of this upcycle. Often you buy something which is a fantastic piece, but there's a small aspect that makes it incredibly unflattering and consequently unwearable.


I found this jacket at an op-shop in Victoria St



 and fell in love with the buttons!


 It cost this much, but it was made by one of my favourite designers and would usually sell for at least $200 dollars


 This is why is was still at the op-shop:


 From the back this rutching looks ok...


But when I put it on Genevieve: instant hunchback!


 After examining it from every possible angle, I decided to deal with the problem by unpicking the back shoulder panel thusly.


I then also unpicked the inside lining, gathered up all the excess material and sewed a new seam.


Shoulder baggage begone!


 I also took some of the buttons off the front and placed them here to liven up the back


Finished product modeled by Genevieve and photographed by slightly smug self.

No comments:

Post a Comment