Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spontaneous table cloth

Cam and I are not really dining table people. 364 days of the year, our table is my desk. That doesn't really leave much time or space for entertaining.

Tonight we had 5 people sitting around our table simultaneously consuming food, which created several immediate problems:

1. We do not have 5 matching plates
2. Or glasses
3. Or mugs
4. Or chairs
5. We don't own a table cloth

Problem 2 was solved by a quick visit to the $2 shop. Problems 1,3 and 4 meant that one person had to use a square plate, sit on a desk chair and drink out of a novelty mug.

Problem 5 was solved by...UPCYCLING!

A quick dive into my fabric bags revealed a long piece of green wool cloth found at an op-shop MANY years ago and a left-over piece from the homemade study curtains.


 I cut the green piece to the right length, but didn't have any thread the correct colour for hemming (will have to do that later)


Then I trimmed and hemmed the curtain remnant into a table runner. Instant table decor!

1 comment:

  1. I have this same fabric hanging in 2 frames in my bathroom. I'm always impressed with someone who can sew. Keep the projects coming;)
    Jennifer
    www.bigdandme.com

    ReplyDelete