Friday, December 17, 2010

Escape Artist Dress

I found this interesting-looking homemade 1940's dress at an op-shop. It had a beautiful sweetheart neckline and I could tell that it would fit just by looking at it. But there was one problem...no way to get into it. I'm not sure what shape the creator was, but it is a fitted dress with no zips, buttons or hooks. My theory is that the maker finished it and realised her mistake. Sometimes it's better to get rid of the evidence by giving it to an op-shop that to undo all your good work. Or she may have been an escape artist...



Sweetheart neckline with black piping.



 Seams finished with pinking shears. Haven't seen that for ages.


 I unpicked one side seam and added a white zip. Problem solved!

It's not the sort of thing I'd wear on a regular basis, but with a red cardigan and post-war hairdo, it'd be great for a 1940's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment