Friday, December 17, 2010


Here's a little show and tell from one of my favourite vintage shops in South Australia. It's the Bazaar of Strathalbyn, which is a place which probably won't mean anything to most people, but it's where most of the film 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' was filmed. Only the scenes at Hanging Rock were filmed in Melbourne.
If you want to see what the countryside around Hanging Rock looks like, you can check out 'Hanging Blog' where our friends Mr and Mrs Mac now live.There you go guys, as Ritchie would say, I've given you a 'mensh on my proge'.


 It's crammed with the sort of industrial furniture which I love and is generally VERY overpriced in Melbourne.


 It's like a museum where you can buy anything you particularly like.


 I was very restrained this year, but last year I came back with a 1930's hearing aid, a set of 1920's sheep clippers and a turn of the century type setters tray.


I can just imagine myself reclining to the fainting couch and listening to the gramophone.


When my thesis is finished...

2 comments:

  1. My dear girl you don't seem to understand, I
    'Richie Rich' am offering you 'nobody' a mench on my next proge.

    ReplyDelete