Sunday, October 24, 2010

Steampunk Jacket

Two weeks ago, I was intending to go to the Clockwork Butterfly Steampunk Ball, but ended up with a horrible flu thing and couldn't go. Here is part of what I made as my costume:



A $5 black suit jacket from an opp-shop (thrift store to any American readers!)


$12 worth of striped satin(ish) fabric, black satin ribbon and 8 metal loops.
Cut the fabric into strips and fold over.

Sew down the edges and turn inside out.
Sew on some black lace.
Using some pieces of satin ribbon, sew on the loops by attaching the flat part to the jacket.
 Lace up the loops using the rest of the satin ribbon and start attaching the first layer of the bustle.

Finished Product!


Here I need to stress that unlike most of the projects on this blog, this wasn't my own design. I'm seen quite a few versions on etsy and wasn't sure who to credit as the original designer. Let me know if it's you so that I can give you proper credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment