Monday, October 25, 2010

Genevieve

As you may have noticed by now, there are no pictures of me wearing my upcycling projects. While I am an extrovert in real life, I'm a little bit shy when it comes to social media. I use Face book and Twitter for work, but must be the only person in the world who doesn't have a personal account.

So...until I'm ready to reveal myself, my mannequin Genevieve will be my stand in. I bought her for about $130 from Tinnafashions http://www.tinnafashion.com/ and I absolutely love her. We have exactly the same measurements, which is important because she can't be adjusted and her torso is made of foam, perfect for pinning clothes. I named her Genevieve so that I wasn't sticking pins into a version of myself in a sort of voodoo style ceremony.

Here Genevieve is wearing my favourite $6 op-shop coat, a maroon non-leather handbag from David Jones and a brooch I made from a game piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment